Japa: Nigerians In UK Recount First Job Experience After Migration

Home Forums Work Visa / Work Abroad Japa: Nigerians In UK Recount First Job Experience After Migration

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

It’s always interesting to hear about the challenges and successes that come with starting a new job in a different country. If you’re a Nigerian who has ‘japa-ed’ to the UK and landed your first job, we want to hear from you! Share your story, ask questions, and connect with others who have had similar experiences.

To kick things off, I’ll share a bit about my own first job experience after migrating to the UK. I moved to London two years ago and was fortunate enough to land a job as a marketing executive at a tech company. It was a big adjustment, not only because of the cultural differences but also because the work environment was so different from what I was used to back home. I had to learn new systems, adapt to a new corporate culture, and navigate office politics that were completely foreign to me.

But despite the challenges, I found that my Nigerian work ethic and determination served me well. I was able to quickly prove my worth and earn the respect of my colleagues. I also made a conscious effort to network and build relationships with others in the industry, which helped me to advance in my career much faster than I had anticipated.

Of course, there were moments of doubt and frustration along the way. I sometimes felt like I didn’t belong or that I wasn’t being taken seriously because of my accent or cultural background. However, I learned to embrace my uniqueness and use it to my advantage, rather than seeing it as a hindrance.

Now, I want to hear from others who have gone through a similar experience. What was your first job in the UK like? What challenges did you face, and how did you overcome them? What advice do you have for other Nigerians who are looking to start their careers in the UK?

Let’s start a conversation here and support each other as we navigate the complexities of working in a new country. Your experiences and insights are valuable, so don’t be shy – join the discussion!

Uk work visa

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A Japa Community for Nigerians by Nigerians
HOME & ABROAD

We're here to celebrate the accomplishments of Nigerians worldwide. Tell us about your journey - from landing abroad, to learning new things, to building your life there. Share your Japahood story!

A Community of Ambitious Minds

MyJapaStory.com is your one-stop shop for thriving abroad as a Nigerian. We’re more than just a website; we’re your community.

Connect with other Nigerians, share valuable japa tips, and discover exciting opportunities – all on MyJapaStory.com.

Connect and Build Great Relations

Whether you’re already abroad or just starting your Japa journey, MyJapaStory.com connects you with a supportive and inspiring community of Nigerians.

Learn from the experiences of others, share your own story, seek advice, and find valuable connections to navigate the exciting world of Japa.

Opportunities Don’t Wait. Why Wait?

Don’t miss updates about japa opportunities.

Join now!

Explore all the content in our Community Network, Forums, Groups, Members, Posts, Social Wall and many more. You are in the right place!